Counsel for Mothers or Fathers in Portland Area Paternity Matters

Whenever paternity of a child is left unestablished or undocumented, the potential for legal challenges down the road is significant. At the Law Office of Todd R. Worthley, we respect all parents' and children's rights and we know Oregon paternity law and procedures extremely well. Contact us today to arrange a consultation on your circumstances and potential claim.

In our family law practice, we have the opportunity to help many unmarried parents as well as people coping with divorce. Experienced lawyer Todd R. Worthley is prepared to patiently and clearly explain your rights and the procedures required to legally establish paternity and to challenge paternity when necessary. Whatever negotiations or legal actions are necessary in pursuit of your valid goals, you can count on our firm for compassion, responsiveness, and skill.

Helping Men and Women Navigate the Legal System Effectively

We have substantial experience helping:

  • Mothers who wish to legally establish paternity in order to obtain an enforceable child support order, and often also wishing to open the door for a relationship between father and child
  • Men seeking definitive answers as to whether they are the biological father of a child — often with a desire to either pursue visitation/parenting time and or child custody, or to defend against the possibility of an invalid paternity action or request for child support
  • Couples who are not necessarily engaged in any conflict, but want to legally establish boundaries and ground rules on issues such as support and parenting time through negotiation and mutual agreement

Call 503-575-9708 With Your Paternity Questions or Need for Representation

DNA testing is now a widely accepted, reliable method of determining paternity. In Oregon, the procedures for obtaining a DNA test are relatively straightforward, and we will be happy to direct you to appropriate resources and offer any relevant guidance. We can also assist you in obtaining a parentage test order from the court if the other party refuses to voluntarily participate in a DNA test.

Once the paternity results are in, it is always wise and sometimes critical to consult an attorney who will operate with your best interests and those of the child always in view.